I have been wanting to post about this for a long time now but find I'm just getting around to it. We are doing a huge Temple Celebration for the opening of the new Draper Temple. President Monson invited the youth of our temple district to perform a celebration. It's been the most incredible undertaking! The youth are slowly getting more and more excited about it. We've had Wednesday night rehearsals for 6 weeks now. The big event is scheduled for May 29th when we will perform for the Prophet in the Conference Center.The program itself is all centered around Draper history. Our stake was given the time period of the early settlers of Draper or the "Dugout Pioneers". I have been a "Captain of 10" for the YW in our ward who are participating in the production number. It's a "stomp" type dance. Kaden and Garrett are in it as well. It's really coming along well. I can hardly wait for the final result!
It's going to be such a wonderful, once in a lifetime experience for the youth!



2 comments:
Hey Nikmo! I just hope Makaylee will last and make it to that darn thing. Thanks for the cookies, they were scrumptous
Our stake gets to participate in the Oquihr Mountain Temple celebration on May 30. I had no idea that they were doing two. I am also a captain of 10. Let's try to get together soon.
Post a Comment