now we have 6 new baby chicks! Chad has completely gone over board this time with "emergency preparedness"
I mean honestly, now we will be harvesting our own eggs and when times get really tough, we may even have bbq chicken!
These 6 beauties have to stay inside for 6-8 weeks until they are big enough to move to the backyard into their coop! Yup, Chad and the boys are constructing that too!
Fun times here at the Morris Farm! Apparently we won't know if they are male or female until they are fully grown! Sheezzz! I will not tolerate a ROOSTER!



11 comments:
Yes! Who else can we get to join The Stonebridge Park Chicken Alliance?
They are so cute. Enjoy them while they are little before the go into the velociraptor phase.
Did you name them all? I'm going to start calling your house the Morris farm. I will have to try one of their eggs!
Oh great, now all my kids want chickens too!
And soon there will be seven...
Reading your chicken post made me feel right at home! When times get desperate we know where to go for for some good'ol "free range" eggs! Hope your neighbors love'em!:)
Oh My Goodness...That is so funny. Sounds like something Jer would do...
Good times! Better you than me
Have I told you before how much I love that husband of yours. (well, not in THAT way.) :) I LOVE IT!!! What a brilliant idea! Your kids are living my kids' dreams. Your kids are going to have so much fun with this. Did you ever think you would be waking up to "Cock-a-doodle doo?!" Wish you lived closer so we could get in on some of those free-range eggs.
one night connor had gone over to the mcbride's with the intent of going to the movies with hunter and colton...when i called a little later to check in and ask how the movie was he told me they never made it to the movies...they'd stayed home entertaining themselves with a half dozen baby chicks that bishop has just gotten! i had to laugh out loud at the thought of these 17 year old boys...yes, 17...getting sucked into the cute, fluffiness of a brood of baby chicks. softies...
love and miss ya!
We had chickens when we were in Utah. I hate birds, but I really loved my chickens! Start saving those egg cartons. Soon you will have more than you know what to do with!
Luckily all of ours were hens, but they are still REALLY loud when they lay!
What fun!!!! That's so nice that you have the ability to do that. My HOA would not tolerate chickens unfortunately or I would be right on that!
Post a Comment