Wednesday, July 22, 2009

This is One Amazing Woman!

I just had to take the opportunity to share my admiration for this sweet friend of mine! Her name is Shirlene. Her husband was our great Bishop in Gilbert while we lived there. They moved up to Utah just about the time we moved here. It has been so fun getting together with them the past few years. I was fortunate enough to have lunch with Shirlene today and I can't begin to tell you what a wonderful time we had. She is truly amazing! I am so overwhelmed with her positive attitude and her continued faith through out the past year.

Just after Chad had his cancer and was finishing his last week of radiation, I heard the news that Shirlene was diagnosed with breat cancer. Reflecting back on that week last year I now sit in amazment and gratitude for the tender mercies we've experienced over the past 12 months.

Visiting with Shirlene today helped me again reflect on what REALLY MATTERS! It's these moments when I long for my heavenly home more than ever.

I am grateful for a plan- and so grateful to know my own part in that plan. Thank you Shirlene, Chad and so many others who endure the "disease of love" that we so passionately call it.

There has been greater growth and reflection in the past 12 months then ever before in my life.

Thank you...for bringing it all into perspective!

I love you both!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Yes yes this last year has brought alot of perspective, I am so glad Chadley is all better thought!

shirlene said...

The praise and honor belong to you, Nikki. Thank you for being such a great friend and listener. You've helped me soooo much this past year, and Chad has been my inspiration. Though I feel unworthy I am truly humbled to be highlighted on your blog, and more than grateful to have you as my friend.
I love you. Shirlene

Loric said...

Ahhhh. Perspective. Thanks for the perspective. It was so satisfying to see Shirlene on your blog. I didn't realize you kept up with her. Good for you. Send her and Bishop our love. We're so fond of them. (and you.) :)

Karina said...

I didn't realize that you got together with Shirlene. She really is an amazing person. I was sad to hear of her breast cancer--is she now in remission? Say hello for me!!