Friday, December 17, 2010

"Had to See IT to Believe IT!"




So, many of you probably don't know Chad's stipulations he has had for the boys on getting cell phones. We were happy we have held out this long with 2 teenagers without cell phones.

When Kaden turned 14 he asked and asked and begged and had a melt down over not getting a cell phone. Well, turns out his dad gave him a "small" challenge to work towards earning one.

Here was the challenge:
-a physical fitness test consisting of 200 sit ups, 100 push ups, 200 squats & 20 pull ups (all under 30 minutes)
- Kaden was to also pass off all his seminary scripture mastery scriptures

So Chad issued the challenge back in Aug. 09'. Kaden flat out laughed and said "there's NO WAY I can do that dad!"

Garrett turnis 13 Dec. 09' asks Chad, "can I do that test when I'm 14 and get a phone"...Chad smiles and says "SURE!"

Meanwhile, a year goes by, Kaden doesn't ask, or ask again or even beg for a cell phone. In fact, he doesn't even mention it. hmmmm.... Aug. 2010 comes along, Kaden turns 15. No mention of a cell phone.

December 3rd comes along, Garrett turns 14. Garrett asks dad again if he can still compete for the cell phone. Dad says "sure"...Garrett 4 days later does this-

200 sit ups, 100 push ups, 200 squats & 20 pull ups all under 21 minutes.

Kaden not to be shown up decides he doesn't have a choice, he HAS TO TRY...

27 minutes later he has done 200 sit ups, 100 push ups, 200 squats & 20 pull ups!


Had I not seen it for myself

I might not have believed it but

it was AMAZING!
So long cellphone-less teenagers!
I've enjoyed these last few years without your presence.

No comments: