Monday, September 29, 2008

Women's Conference

Was that meeting AWESOME or what? I was so grateful I went. I absolutely loved President Uchtdorf's talk! It was just what I needed to hear. It seems just when I'm ready to "throw in the towel" an Apostle of the Lord reminds me of why I'm really here! Encourages me to pick myself back up and get in there and just keep doing what I'm doing! I absolutely loved that he encouraged us to "create"...that is something I do everyday. I love to create--in so many aspects. I consider it my niche, my hobby, my passion! So to hear him tell me to continue to do it and to enjoy it every step of the way was the best! I also loved that he encouraged us to be more compassionate. I love to serve others and find so much joy in it. I was grateful for the reminder that when my burdens and trials seem overwhelming that all I need to do is get out and serve! Everytime I do that it never fails, my grey sky turns to blue!




I'm looking so forward to General Conference this weekend!

6 comments:

Mark and Karen said...

I too loved the conference and felt it was exactly what I needed. I now totally feel refreshed instead of weighted down.

nalgal said...

Hey Nikki-
I was able to go to the RS Broadcast this weekend too and I agree with you 100%. They are always inspired to say just what everyone needs to hear. All 4 talks were awesome. What a boost to my testimony just to go up there and be surrounded by so many righteous women! It was great!

Ashley E said...

This was a amazing talk. It really did hit home for me and everyone else I talked to. Pretty cool.

Jen said...

I missed womens conference you will have to fill me in on the talk. To answer your ques. I work for my dad, he is in commercial const. I do his payroll and billings. It sucks but it pays our health insurance. Its funny how our kids think we are annoying but really we are so cool huh!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

It was wonderful! I really enjoyed Pres. Uchtdorf's talk.

sara said...

you took the words right outta my mouth!!!!!