Sunday, February 3, 2008

52 Blessing Project

Week 5
I AM THANKFUL FOR.....
Today I am so grateful for HOPE! This scripture reference above fits so perfectly with my feelings this weekend as I watched Pres. Hinckley's funeral I was in some sort of state of "suffering" selfishly of course! I was so sad to say goodbye to him--- but then I read this quote and felt such reassurance! Suffering really does produce perserverance! That is something as Latter Day Saints we can fully understand as we embrace the atonement of Jesus Christ and experience that power in our lives! Perserverance-character! When I reflect back on many of the prophets we've had over time, one of their greatest traits is character!


I'm thankful for a testimony that sustains me through any change! We had so much snow here today that our Stake President cancelled the 2nd and 3rd hours of church. I was so grateful that we were still able to have Fast and Testimony Meeting. It's such a blessing to be present in a powerful testimony meeting. It was full of tributes to President Hinckley and bursting at the seams with HOPE for the future! I have great hope for the new presidency for I know they are called of God and that Christ still reigns head of this church. With that hope any fear we have subsides and in comes the calming assurance of faith!


5 comments:

Amy said...

That is a great scripture! All three meetings were canceled for us yesterday, and I do feel bad we missed out on what could have been an incredible testimony meeting. (Though it was fun playing in all that snow!) I enjoyed reading your wonderful thoughts about President Hinckley, the gospel, along with your beautiful testimony.

Amy said...

Wow-very inspirational! Our testimony meeting was awesome as well. He was loved by so many!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Very, very good post Nikki! I LOVED it! This is why we do these things so we can be inspired by others! thanks a million! Hope the snow goes away soon. Ü

Jake & Britt said...

You are the cooloest aunt ever!! I love it that we are friends! I look up to you so much !! Love ya Nik : )

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Great post!