52 Blessing Project
Weeks 6 & 7
Weeks 6 & 7
This week I am so thankful for my church calling
Ward Missionary- and for attending the
Gospel Principles Class
Chad and I have been serving as Ward Missionaries since about a month after we moved in last Spring. It has been such a rewarding and growing calling. I served once before as a ward missionary right before my mission. This time around has been so wonderful. First of all, how fun to work with such a great companion! ha ha And I just can't tell you how many spiritual experiences we've had over the past several months. I think I posted once before about the Renissance Ranch ( a rehab program for LDS men who struggle with addictions) They were in our ward for about 6 months. IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!! They of course came to Gospel Principles class. It was such a great experience for us to see the atonement applied first hand. Absolutely AMAZING! They have since moved out of our ward boundaries but our G.P. class is still amazing! Here's a few thoughts on Gospel Principles:
-Among the old and sacred values to which we should return are the plain and simple principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ. These should be firmly established in our homes to ensure happiness in family life.
-The principles that we choose to incorporate into our lives will determine the spirit that we contribute in our relationships with others. When we adopt a principle, its influence radiates from us and can be felt by others.
-Now more than ever, when we see that the family is at the center of attacks from the forces of evil—as in the days of the prophet Mormon, when “the power of the evil one was wrought upon all the face of the land” (Morm. 1:19)—it is necessary for us as parents to incorporate these principles into our lives in order to radiate their influence and for this influence to be perceived by our children.
These quotes all came from a talk by Elder Francisco J. ViƱasOf the Seventy. I am so grateful that we have been blessed to have such a great resource as this manual in our homes. I know that as Chad and I have tried to teach these lessons at FHE, we have had some of the best discussions with our children. Recently with Pres. Hinckley's death and now my aunts, Porter has been very inquisitive about life and death and "where are they now?" It has been so a great teaching opportunity for us! Again, I'm thankful for the simple and sweet principles of the gospel.



1 comment:
What a great blessing! We do need to be thankful for our callings no matter what they are!
Post a Comment