Sunday, May 18, 2008

Let's Be Honest....

We're done! Well at least for now! And let's just be honest here people...CANCER SUCKS! But it also teaches you lots of great lessons! We have truly been blessed through the process.

Chad finished up his last treatment on Thursday! I was so sad that I was unable to go with him. I wan't to be there to see him "ring the bell" (something they let everyone do once they finish their treatments) but I was in bed with a kidney infection! He was so happy to be done but admitted that on Friday about 2:30 he started feeling lots of anxiety. By 3:30 it subsided.

He would usually leave the office about 2:30 to head to his treatment which was anytime between 3:30-4:00 p.m. most days. I guess it's something we'll have to work through but hopefully most of the side effects and mind games will dissolve over time!

He's still nauseated and has some heartburn and cramping but otherwise is really looking forward to feeling better!

Again, THANK YOU for all your love and support! We're almost out of the woods with this. Follow up treatment will consist of additional chest xrays, blood work and frequent check ups with the urologist!

For now we're "ON OUR WAY" to full recovery!!!!

6 comments:

Sheri said...

Congrats! What a great milestone to hit! I have to admit I am 90% happy for you 10% jealous. No really, I am so happy you are done with treatment, congrats again!

Loric said...

On Nikki. I feel for you. Wish I could be there to give you a hug. Sounds like it's time for the beach! And kidney infection?? That doesn't sound good. It's really time for the beach. Jim says we're going by the way. Woo-hoo!!

Jenifer said...

You two are such an inspiration! COngratualtions to getting through it! I hope you are feeling better, I've never had a kidney infection, but I've heard bad things about them.

Kristi said...

I am so glad to hear it's done!!!
You guy's are amazing. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling good! When it "Rains it Pours"! Life is CRAZY. We love you!

Lori said...

Yea to be done. I'm so glad for you. You deserve that relaxing week on the beach. Heck, just spend the whole summer there!!!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Glad to hear things are still headed in the right direction! Yeah for the end of treatment. Prayers to you and your family.