Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Secret Life of Bees.....

I finished reading my book club's latest pick The Secret Life of Bees while at the beach. It was a good one....It gave some very interesting lessons on Bees and the life they lead.We no sooner where home for a day and in comes Porter, hysterical with a BEE STING on his cheek! This was a first experience for us as none of our other kids have ever been stung.I cleaned it up and put a baking soad paste on it and told Porter that the bee was simply scared and didn't mean to hurt him but did! He thought for a minute then said "that was so mean of that BEE!"
I had to agree, it was not in the best of spots! Porter was soon back outside without a care in the world, except for his next encounter with a bee.




5 comments:

sara said...

ouch...how sad...

Lori ~ LL-K said...

Ouch poor guy!
He is such a trooper!!
:)

Mark and Karen said...

I really like that book. And did it help to know that soon after stinging, that bee died or did you keep that sad bit to yourself? :)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Oh that looks painful!

Unknown said...

Poor guy.

So what did you think of the book? Should I wait to tell you it's one of my favorite books? (Minus the language)

AND BOY does Utah do the 4th well or what???