Thursday, January 8, 2009

Light Keepers


Can I just tell you how excited I am about the new mutual theme for 2009!
"Be Thou and Example of the Believers" ...taken from Timothy 4:12

So we gave all our YW the new Jenny Phillips CD for their Christmas gift.
I have been listening to it off and on throughout December but then today
I actually put it on and logged online so I could see the lyrics of each song!

It started out just fine. I would hum along to the ones I recognized etc. But then...
I listened to the CD title song "Light Keepers" by the end of the first verse I was
bawling! What in the world...and no, I'm not P.M.S-ing! ha ha ha I continued through the entire song just cryin' a river! I guess it goes to show that even "Leaders" sometimes need reassurance that...
"even when the world is telling you it's not worth the fight
hold on to your light, hold it tight, light keeper.
Oh how you shine, you are filled with Father's love
you are worthy of His trust"

I wish I could figure out a way to get it onto my playlist so you could all hear it but truly, it has already made a huge impact on me! I am definitely one of those people whose spirit is highly stirred by music, I love to sing, I love to play piano from my heart. (not a good sight reader)
So it's no wonder that music is the most effective tool the Holy Ghost has for me! Just wanted to share! I feel so blessed to be a part of these AMAZING young women's lives right now! What a cherished calling the Lord has blessed me with!!!

7 comments:

nalgal said...

I'm with you Nikki. The YW program is the best place to be. I'm coming up on 3 years this summer so I feel like my days might be numbered. And right before Hannah comes in - DANG IT! I'm hoping to at least hang on through girls camp. They have been re-organizing other presidences so we are just trying to lay low.

sara said...

love it...love that you bawled...i can so relate...although i can't play a tune or let alone hum one!

Karina said...

Just another reason why I love you! Love to be surrounded by "light keepers". I wish you were a touch closer though!

Jen said...

You are an awesome yw leader, what would we do without you?

Jen said...

Ok I just listened to your song on your blog and cried. Thanks for that! I think I needed a release, or a breakdown!

Lori ~ LL-K said...

You are amazing!!! Thank you for sharing such a sweet moment with us. I think all of us will be downloading that song!!

Loric said...

I know just what you mean. Love that cd, we fall in love with it more every time we listen to it. I bet you're an awesome YW leader. Wish my Megan could be up there with you as she enters this time of her life. :)