Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Sooo Good!

It was so neat for me to go to the General RS Meeting at the Conference Center. I thought it was such a great experience. I loved being there in the presence of President Hinckley. He seemed very frail but His spirit filled the air. I kept hoping they were going to say that he would speak but even though he didn't, I wasn't disappointed. There were such great talks and once again I learned so much. One of my favorite quotes, which I didn't write down so I'm going off my memory was from President Monson when he said something like this (and if any of you took notes, would you mind forwarding me the direct quote..pretty please) "Don't pray for the strength to match the tasks you have to do, pray for the tasks to match your strength." Something to that effect. It just really made me think more about my potential and the way I direct my energy, time and talents each day. I think he said it under the 3rd goal of "Serve Willingly". Anyways, it's always such a great boost for me. I can hardly wait for this weekend to take in even more!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AWESOME to actually be there. ONE plus of living in UTah! And so LUCKY to have fall. I LOVE FALL!

Can't wait for conference and this unique experience of watching amongst the Buddhists!

sara said...

I love that too. I didn't get a chance to hear any of that yet but look so forward to reading every word!