WEEK 8 I AM THANKFUL FOR....
THE ENSIGN
I am just sitting on pins and needles waiting for the March Ensign to arrive. The whole magazine in March is suppose to be on Jesus Christ. I love to read the Ensign each month. It's something I carry with me in the car and take it everywhere I go until I read it cover to cover! It's an amazing tool for us in these latter days! I got a sneak peek at the March issue today. The Bishop talked about it in our Missionary Correlation Mtg. and then we saw it. It has a vellum cover and then the Savior's picture inside. The Church News reported that they came up with that idea because they didn't want to print ENSIGN across the Savior's head. It looks amazing. I can't wait to open my own copy! We are so excited to use this issue as a missionary tool in our ward.
We were also told today from our Ward Family History Specialist (who also works for the church) that 2 new websites will be launched this week. Check out LDS.org and the newsroom to see them. It's so great to me that the church is getting so much information out via the media. Chad and I were talking and wondering what President Monsons "hallmark" will be. Chad seems to think it will be something of this sort: Getting the world to know and believe we are Christians. It will be interesting to see what unfolds in the next few weeks when we have our first General Conference with President Monson. I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO EMBRACE IT!!!



10 comments:
It will be cool to get this issue of the Ensign. {My husband always takes the current issue and I'm always behind!}
I heard about this issue and can't wait, either! I have a neighbor that's been asking question, and I'm dying to give her a copy!!
What a great blessing! I grew up watching my parents read the Ensign cover to cover, I am so thankful they did. I personally love having it my life.
I so agree with you!! I love the Ensign and in fact, we just started getting the friend and I cry almost every time I read one of those articles as well! I love the 52 BP Nikki, you choose amazing gifts as well I must say. And I love Porter's soccer pictures, good thing someone brought a camera!
Thank you for getting me so excited to receive this month's issue!
The Ensign is such a wonderful thing! I am excited for the new issue too!
i love the Ensign...your thoughts are so much how i feel too!!!!
hey nikki - just a quick hello - can't wait for the summer - see you in cali!
Kay. Just got my new Ensign yesterday in the mail. And after reading your blog, I had to pull it out first thing and check out the whole magazine. Up until 11:30 last night perusing all the pages. What a beautiful issue. Makes me want to frame all the pages, the artwork is so great. Love ya and thinking of ya. ~Lori
I noticed this month that the Ensign was late. I think it was because it included the tribute to President Hinckley. It finally came and sadly I have only read the Friend to the kids. Thanks for the preview, I'll have to read it tonight.
Post a Comment