Friday, February 22, 2008

Saying Goodbye!

Goodbye.....We love you Aunt Sharon
My Aunt Sharon (my mom's younger sister) passed away on Sunday. She found out she had cancer in early December and had already had one round of chemo...she was doing really well until about Saturday night when her heart rate went up in the 200's...My cousins (her sons) called 911 and they transported her to a hospital but shortly after she passed away.



I was so glad that my mom was still here from the bridal shower the day before. I think the hardest part of saying goodbye is knowing her boys and husband have no knowledge of life after death. She was LDS but didn't raise her family in the gospel. They had a small memorial for her on Thursday. My mom left to go back to St. George shortly after. It has been a melancholy week.

7 comments:

Jenifer said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your family's loss. What a comfort the gospel brings to us!

Lori said...

Sorry about your loss. What a sad time, and hope everyone is doing ok. That was good you're mom got to be there.

Amy said...

I'm glad that your mom was there. Landon's mom is going through the same thing. She is starting her second round of chemo next week. Cancer is so scary and it's EVERYWHERE! Thank heavens we have the gospel.

Kristi said...

I'm so sorry! We are so lucky to have the comfort of knowing life is eternal and we will all be together again someday. What a gift our Heavenly Father has given us.

Amy said...

Sorry for your family's loss. I have two aunts battling this terrible disease right now too. I'm so grateful for the knowledge we have through the gospel.

Sorry we didn't get a chance to hook up this week. We'll try again???

Amy said...

Sorry for your family's loss. I have two aunts battling this terrible disease right now too. I'm so grateful for the knowledge we have through the gospel.

Sorry we didn't get a chance to hook up this week. We'll try again???

I was raised in a barn said...

I am so sorry! That is just so hard! I am so glad your mom was there! Again, so sorry!