Saturday, May 10, 2008

52 Blessing
Week 17
I Am Thankful For.....

The Living Christ...The Testimony of the Apostles

Our Stake challenged all of the YW to memorize The Living Christ by camp which is July 28-Aug 1. When we were put into the Presidency in late March, we learned of this challenge. We tried during opening exercises to say the first paragraph by memory. We were stagnant and lazy about it UNTIL....this past Wednesday when we decided to EMBRACE the challenge with full purpose of heart and mind!

We set out with our weekly activity as a MEMORIZINGLY GOOD TIME!! Little did we know what strength the Lord would bless us with. WE (leaders and YW) memorized the first 4 paragraphs within an hour and half! We were so elated! I can't believe how AWESOME it felt. I also can't express how wonderful it felt to repeat it over and over this past week before my prayers. It has brought me so much peace and joy internally! I'm looking forward to our next memorizing night where we will finish it up. The girls we're just BEAMING when they said it on Sunday! The neatest part is going to be when we all stand (the full Stake) and say it together at camp! Won't that be AMAZING!!!

Who wants to join us in this challenge!

6 comments:

raising4boys said...

That sounds really awesome! Now I want to go read it again.

I wanted to ask if you have heard of caringbridge.org ? It is a great website to keep your family informed about your hubby's condition.

Loric said...

WOW! That's some challenge. I don't know if I would be up to it. I'm sure though, just like the words to a song, once you have those words engrained in you, they're there forever and come to you at the most opportune of times. Good luck with that!

Kristi said...

Good luck on the memorizing thing! I used to be good at that but I think I've woorked nights for too long and my brain doesn't quite work like it used to. I'm excited for yor you to go to camp. I love it! I do have some ideas. I need your phone #. There have been so many times I've wanted to pick up the phone and give you a ring! E-mail it to me and we can chat (my # is still the same :) Whatever works for you. Hope all is well. Love ya, Kristi

Amy said...

What an awesome challenge. It gave me the chills just thinking of you all saying it together at camp! Good Luck

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

WOW! That will indeed be an awesome experience! Super blessing!

sara said...

they are so lucky to have you in YW...you are such an amazing leader to all people...what a great thing to memorize...i want to try....