Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Googling Gum Grafting!

I forgot to mention in my last post that when we first heard that Chad and Kaden were going to need gum grafts, we went right home and googled it! Guess what the first find was entitled..."Gum Grafting, The Procedure from Hell"! Shortly thereafter Chad was pretty sure he had a business meeting or some other priority that ranked higher than scheduling that appointment. He is still trying his best to get out of the scheduled procedure! :) Poor guy! Lots of icecream, popsicles, soup etc! It take a good 5 weeks to heal. Kaden, lucky guy, gets to jump right into his braces as soon as his healing is complete. The periodontist was trying to make light of it but Kaden was having nothing to do with his humor.


Go Google it if you are really interested in all the gorry details! It's not pretty and sounds EXCRUTIATING!

Picture courtesy of google gum graft images!

Kaden's are not near this severe but I'm sure they would develop into that if not taken care of now.

6 comments:

Erin said...

I had this done when I was a kid. I don't remember the procedure I just remember not being able to eat what I wanted, like cookies. I hope Chad and Kaden heal quickly!

Jen said...

OH my gosh how crazy! Hope your feeling better kaders!

Mark and Karen said...

Woe nellie! That looks like it would be so painful! 5 weeks!?!

Kristi said...

Those mean dentists!!!:) Hope they all do well!

Amy said...

YIKES. That does not look fun!

Karina said...

I don't mean to scare Chad but I too needed to have this done but never did because of fear and inconvenience (I'm too busy--you know). Well now because I've waited so long I now have bone deterioration and need a bone graft first before the gum graft. It's going to cost me $1000 to get it done. Why oh why didn't I just get it done?!!!! Don't make my mistake--just go and do it!