Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Harvest

Chad was so excited to move to Utah for one reason...well, maybe two. But first and foremost was his opportunity to plant a garden that would really grow! He was so excited in fact that he decided to start building the raised garden about the second week we moved in. (Don't worry about all those boxes that need to be unpacked Honey...) So, he was busy, busy, busy..building, planting etc. for a few weekends. I was giving him a hard time that he was doing that and not helping me unpack. Needless to say, I have completely taken those words back as I'm biting into a fresh home-grown tomatoe! They are the best. I am a little tired of the zuchinni-we have had it growing out of our ears! Chad's pretty proud of his little garden-I'm thankful for his persistence and hard work! We've even enjoyed strawberries too! We have a watermelon and cantaloupe growing fast. It's been great.





2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I LOVE Utah gardens!!! This post makes me so "homesick" for when we lived there... I loved gardening and I've yet to really get the hang of it down here. (And you're so right about the zucchini!! I was dying because my younger sister planted FOUR zucchini plants outside her apartment in provo... she told me she wanted to have "enough to make zucchini bread"!!! Needless to say she had them coming out her ears at the end of the summer... way more than just her husband and her could handle!!)

Unknown said...

WOW! FIrst! It's so fun to hear from you Nikki! Isn't it funny that I'm just starting my garden? And I'm still a little worried it'll be too hot! Bet you don't miss that.

So how about those cage thingys he has up to hold everything in place. Amazing! you have me so SO excited now!

AND I'm so glad to keep up with you. Isn't this blogging world fun??