Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 c. shortening
2 eggs
3 c. sugar
2 c. pumpkin
5 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 c. Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Cream sugar and shortening. Gradually add eggs. Beat well til' light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Stir/sift dry ingredients together. Alternately add dry mix and then pumpkin beating well after each addition. Continue until all pumpkin and dry ingredients are beat into mixture well. Fold in chocolate chips and you may add nuts if desired. (I don't) Drop rounded dough (about tbsp.) onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Make sure they don't look "wet" or they will still be "raw". I like to keep mine covered once they are cooled to keep soft. This is also the recipe doubled. Makes about 4 dozen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Thanks, I think I might make these tonight. It is a half day you know o this will give the kids something to do. YUM
Hey, I made these today and they ROCK girlfriend!! I think I ate about a dozen!!!
Post a Comment