Sunday, October 21, 2007

Thankful Sunday

I've always loved the posts from others about Thankful Sunday so here I go:

*I'm so thankful for a living Prophet and what a wonderful experience we had to be in His presence today for Regional Conference.

*I'm thankful for eternal families- especially my very own little family!

*I'm thankful for temples. What a great experience it's been being here in Utah and to have my kids call out "Look Mom, another temple!"...they have been so thrilled seeing all the nearby temples. August 2008 the Draper temple will open :) YIPEE Chad and I were asked to do a sealing assignment on Friday night. Wow! What a great experience we had. It's truly amazing to me the peace and comfort I feel within the temple it's like being home.

*I'm thankful for good health. As we took our journey today from the parking garage to the Conference center, I couldn't help but appreciate good health. It was quite a walk and very brisk this morning.

*I'm thankful for my children. Each of them brings such a different personality and spirit into our home. It's wonderful to get to know them better through the fun family activities we share!

*I'm thankful for 2 worthy priesthood holders in my home. What an absolute blessing Chad is to us. We are so appreciative for him and his constant efforts to lead and guide our family in the gospel! Way to go hunny! I love you! Now Kaden holds the priesthood as well. What a great example he is to both his brothers and sister! Thanks Kado.

* I'm thankful for great music. I was so touched today when we stood to sing "We Thank Thee of God for a Prophet"...tears just poured down my cheeks as soon as the song started. I was overcome with such a sweet feeling of love and appreciation for President Hinckley. It was a spiritual renewal for me and to be in his presence while singing it! Truly priceless. We've been really nourished the past 3 weeks with General Conference and then Regional Conference ;) So blessed!

*I'm thankful for a cute husband that wanted to make Sunday dinner! WOW! What a treat!

Here's a few photos of our special day!


I really wasn't asleep here! tee hee
At the Conference Center

Yeah! My Forever Family!

5 comments:

Jenifer said...

What a beautiful day! In more ways than one! I understand there was some snow there today! My kids are jealous. Love your thankful Sunday. Lucky, lucky!

Erin said...

Coats, how weird to see you all wearing coats while we are still running around in shorts. Love your thankful sunday!

Amy said...

I'm jealous you got to go to the conference center. We went to our stake center and watched it on the big screen. Definitely a good conference though! I love your post!

Tiffany said...

What cute pictures of your fam!!! ...so were you part of the 110 Stake Conference? We talked to Jimmy's brother today and they went to the conference center for that yesterday! How fun! I love walking on Temple Square! ...oh! And thanks for the help with spiders and the cute music. We just did the spiders last week and they turned out super cute... and I also got the music from the library and we've been LOVING listening to it! You're the best!! Ü

sara said...

your experiences with conference sound amazing...I got a bit choked up reading this, I just love you and the great person you are...oh and I too loved conference (on my couch at home)...