Monday, November 12, 2007

Meet Claire!


This is Claire, Ellerie's baby! Yes, it is a doll. I have a great story to tell....So Ellerie came to me last week and said, "Tomorrow is Claire's birthday so I'm throwing her a party"...she proceeded to make and hand out party invitations to the whole family! We were to be at the party from 2-3 on Thursday afternoon. The theme was "A Ducky Party" (baby ducks). At this point I was thinking it was no big deal and that it would be fun to just see what she came up with. Little did I know at that time what we were in for. Ellerie went ALL OUT! She planned games and activities, asked me to help her bake cupcakes and even begged me to take her to the dollar store to buy Claire some gifts. And can you believe I fell for it! I completely gave in and even bought her a bib myself and wrapped it up!

So Thursday comes and she is up bright and early decorating the house for this party. You would have thought it was a real child's birthday the way she carried on! (so cute) The party starts and of course I had to give Kaden and Garrett "the look" (which means bluntly, "you'd better play along with this and not make Ellerie cry). We all show up minus Chad of course because he is at work. She starts the party by having a coloring contest ( see photo #1 below --they are hard to read but so cute!).

These photos represent our "stations" and we had to do everything or we couldn't frost a cupcake! (harsh) We all sat and colored hand drawn duck picture and then Ellerie was the judge and chose the best one! She won of course! tee hee Next we played "Duck, Duck, Goose!" that was great in the family room even! Then we watched as "Claire" opened her gifts. (NO JOKE) Ellerie actually made the doll hand somehow rip the paper. By this point I was almost hysterical that we were all just indulging in this! After opening presents, we were finally able to frost a cupcake and sing Happy Birthday to Claire! What a great party hostess Ellerie is! Who would have thought! Is that so funny or what? Has anyone else's daughters done something similar to this and asked the whole family to participate?




8 comments:

Jenifer said...

So cute! We have had a birthday party for a doll before, I forget which one. But it wasn't quite as elaborate as this one! I remember wrapping presents though. Girls are fun aren't they?

Erin said...

She sounds just like her mother! So cute. I think we may have to have parties for Kate's "babies". She already loves them so much she cries if we make her leave them in the car. (Trust me carrying a one year old who is holding a full size cabbage patch doll is not the easiest thing in the world.)

sara said...

We have never had a doll party...that is so funny...I don't think my boys would be as patient as yours, how lucky are you!!!

sara said...

p.s. I love how YOU gave her a bib...you are an amazing mom!

Loric said...

Ellerie needs more sisters. :)
Gee, I wonder who she gets all the creativity from? What a great party planner. And what a wonderful Mom to indulge her!

Amy said...

I was thinking the same thing as Erin and Lori... Like Mother Like Daughter! That is too cute. And, what great boys you have to go along with the party.

Mark and Karen said...

How cute! I guess I have some fun to look forward to with my girls. I can totally see my Lauren doing something like that. She is already planning her birthday which is the week before Christmas. She received a Halloween candy stick from a primary teacher and is keeping it until her birthday. Everytime her siblings try to choose it for a treat, she reminds them that she is saving it for her birthday as if she isn't expecting to receive anything else, and that she can't have a birthday without it!

Lori said...

What a fun party. My girls do stuff like that all the time. The latest was American idol. They made up songs, and Jessica, Ashley, and Tyler all were the contestants. Of course I had to be the judge, which is tough cuz you want them all to win. So I made up best dancing, best song, and most creative. The things we do for our kids. I'm sure you made her month!!!!