Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Draper Temple DVD!


I made this DVD to show my Young Women. We had an activity right before the dedication where we told them all about what a temple dedication is and why we have them. We gave them each a white hankie with a special poem and taught them about the Hosanna Shout. We ended the night with this video. It really set the tone for me personally before attending the dedication.

As a family we were so fortunate to attend the Friday afternoon session in the temple. We were so excited and anxious. It was a long wait for the kids but so worth it. We were seated in one of the endowment rooms with the soft comfy chairs and the large screen. We were just around the corner from the sealing room where President Monson was braodcasting. It was AMAZING!! The kids thought it was so neat. It was truly a special day for all of us.

Sunday we attended the mid-morning session at our Stake Center. The talks were so great! I was so touched by the spirit and just kept crying throughout the entire session. We are truly blessed to have participated in this temple dedication. It will be a cherished memory for years to come.

6 comments:

Lesia and Kirk said...

Nicki, I just found your blog. I love the temple dvd you made for the yw. You are so amazing. You have such a special family.
Lesia

Unknown said...

Great job on the video. We wish we could have been there. We used to live right by there. We really like that area a lot. Enjoy the new Temple.

nalgal said...

Love the video Nikki! Did you take all of those pictures? What a great idea for your YW.

shirlene said...

What a beautiful video! The YW in your stewardship are blessed!!!

Jen said...

That is so cute, I got chills. Your such the women!!!

Jake & Britt said...

Nik I love you!! You have such an amazing spirit and I look up to you so much. You uplift everyone you come in contact with and I want to thank you again for helping me in my life!! How lucky we are to have temples and to have the priesthood that allows us to be sealed together forever to our families!! Heaven wouldn't be heaven without you!! LOVE YA!