Thursday, September 6, 2007

Oh my aching back!!!



Okay...for all you canners out there, this is for you! I love having these delightful peaches and pears through out the winter but this year my back was saying, "What in the world are you doing?"
I am always so happy when they are done and I know it's all worth it when I take one bite into this delicious Utah fruit. I have to say I'm so grateful to be here this year to enjoy all this great produce. Tomorrow I'm making a run up to Brigham City/Willard to get tomatoes for my Salsa (my little reminder of AZ) more peaches and pears. The peaches this year were soooo good! Elberta is the best variety I've found. They are so sweet I barely even sweetened the sugar water for them. This is what I have been doing the last couple of days! Hence no new blog posts! It was well worth it! YUM, YUM, YUM!

10 comments:

I was raised in a barn said...

I would love to learn how to can. is it so hard??? Way to go!!

Unknown said...

WOW! How many jars is that? My peaches arrive tomorrow. I don't know if I'll even can them. I think I'm going to try and eat them all! Well, maybe I'll share a few!!!

Lori said...

I've always wished I canned fruit. (It tastes so much better than the del monte peaches in the tin cans!!) Next time you talk to Kerri, tell her I said "Hi" back. We sure miss them, and you guys =)

Erin said...

I am so jealous of all your wonderful fruit! Good work.

Amy said...

Very impressive! Where do you find the time???

Mark and Karen said...

I'm impressed with the canning! Great to hear from you. Yes, we are up in Washington just across the border of Portland, Oregon. It is beautiful! We've only been here 3 months and are loving it. How long have you been in Utah?

-Karen

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

WOW! I can see why the back needs a break. But oh so worth it! Lucky duck living somewhere where the fruit is soooo good! Glad you found me. I'd love to keep up with your fun times in Utah!

Tiffany said...

Good job Nikki! I'm so jealous... all of your utah experiences are bringing back fun memories for me- and I only lived there for 3 years! We had peach trees in our backyard and I canned them- they are SO yummy! Good job- it looks like you did a ton!

Amanda said...

What do you think of hosting/teaching an enrichment night of canning? If only I were in charge I'd make YOU in charge!! I'm so glad you are in our ward.

sara said...

I'm sure a jar or two would make it safe and sound to my house,if you packaged and mailed it just right!!!