Saturday, January 5, 2008

My Word for 2008 is.........

Embraceem·brace1 /ɛmˈbreɪs/
1. to take or clasp in the arms; press to the bosom; hug.
2. to take up or receive gladly or eagerly; accept willingly: to embrace an idea.
3. to avail oneself of: to embrace an opportunity.
4. to adopt (a profession, a religion, etc.)
5. to take in with the eye or the mind.
6. to encircle; surround; enclose.
7. to include or contain.
8. to join in an embrace.

I love this word! When I thought about it and looked at a list of words this one literally seemed to jump off the page at me! I mulled it over for a few days trying out different words but for some reason this just felt right! I guess I'll understand why as I go throughout this year "embracing" life and it's many facets! I think one of my favorite definitions is number 2...
to take up eagerly; accept willingly: to embrace an idea!
To me this means I will have many great opportunities to serve, learn and grow as I "willingly take up" new ideas! I'm so excited and renewed by this word challenge and I'm really looking forward to learning many new things not only about others but also myself in the process!
Thanks again to Cara for inspiring such a great idea!

2 comments:

Lori said...

I love your word! Everyone has such good ones, I'm having a hard time coming up with mine. Hopefully soon. Sounds like your going to have a great year!! :)

Unknown said...

I love your word too. Especially the #1 definition. hee hee