Wednesday, August 6, 2008


Football Widow
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A football widow is a term for those who have a relationship with a
sports fan (often a follower of football, be it American football, soccer, rugby, Australian rules football, or other) who pays more attention to the game than to their partner during the sport's season of play. Football widows are usually, but not always, women. Usually the "widow" has little interest in the sport themselves.
Although it is widely tolerated and not considered a serious disruption by many, dedication to following the sport (such as being a Little League Head Coach for 4 years) can disrupt home life and the relationship between the couple in question.

Tee Hee Hee.....


This is my life as I know it. :) Every year come August I pronounce myself a
FOOTBALL WIDOW!!!
Chad and the boys are gone 5 days a week for about 3 hours a night all the month of August. Once games start in September, they cut practice down to 3 nights a week!

I differ some from the above definition in that I actually have interest in the sport and love to sneek in some Monday Night Football while Chad and the boys are at their own practice. Then I have all sorts of good reports like
"You totally missed a great play tonight between so and so"


The best part is seeing their jaws drop when I actually know what I'm talking about :)

I came to realize years ago with this sport
"IF YOU CAN'T BEAT EM' JOIN EM' "

We'll be sure to keep the boys season posted on the side bar just like last year!


3 comments:

Loric said...

I don't know how you do it. I could never be a good sports widow. And you do it so graciously too. I guess it's a good thing that you got the boys. :)

Lori ~ LL-K said...

I don't think I could be a sport widow either! Well, maybe I could... The house with only 1 child in it 5 nights a week for a month... MMM... Wonder if the boys would like to sign up..Ha ha ha LOL.

Jen said...

Hilarious! I feel like that is my life too. Brandon and Payton are gone every night till 8:30 so I get my husband about an hour a day. Us wives should all go to dinner. Thanks for loving Makaylee, she thinks your so funny and loves you too.