52 Blessings Project
(week one)

I am grateful for the Prophet Joseph Smith!
Is anyone else as excited as me about this years study manual? I am looking so forward to learning more about Joseph Smith and his personal experiences that made him the man he is! I can't imagine anything better to embrace this year than the life and mission of Joseph Smith. I'm anxious to gain a greater understanding of his trials, faith and perseverance! I am amazed each time I hear the story of the First Vision and how I always get goose bumps no matter what! I will never forget the amazing experience I had as a full time missionary telling the story of Joseph Smith and visiting Liberty Jail. There was one time we were able to go to Liberty Jail for the unvailing of this picture by Liz Lemon Swindle.

Liz was there and when she unvailed the picture and bore testimony of how she was inspired to create it, there wasn't a dry eye in the house! I felt such an overwhelming love for him at that moment that I thought I would explode! I'm so grateful for this experience and many others I've been blessed to have. When ever I see this picture that same overwhelming love returns and I am always enriched!



13 comments:
I'm with you... totally excited. Especially with the Book of Mormon! It's going to be so awesome!
I'm loving this format you're doing...
I love your word and I love your #1. What an amazing thing to be grateful for! I'm so excited to learn for everyone this year with all our posts! I can't wait!!
I just got released today from primary and the first that that came to my mind was, "YES I GET TO LEARN ABOUT JOSEPH SMITH"! I am so excited!! What a great blessing. I love how you used your word in the post-i think I'll go back and add it somehow.
I love that you added Porter-ism! I have Cole-ism too! Kids say funny stuff. Got your Christmas card. You're boys are so big...shockingly. You look great too, I have to say that you have Utah hair. It's okay, you do live in Utah. See you in June!
I think it will be a great 2 years to learn about the prophet. It must have been amazing to have been able to be there for the unveiling of that painting. Liz Lemon Swindle is a great artist.
I couldn't agree more. I love the Prophet Joseph, and hope I get to stay in RS and enjoy the lessons on him. It's just not the same reading the lessons at home! Good choice
General "poofy-ness." Not bad or ugly or lack of style (just Utah-ish). Don't be offended, be happy. It looks good on you. Silly girl.
Hey Nikki!! Your family looks beautiful! love the blog and your word of the year! What great ideas!
I too am greatful for the Prophet Joseph Smith and all he had to go through to bring about Heavenly Father's will.
I just stayed up late Sunday night watching "Praise to the Man." I found myself just wiping away the tears by the end. Yes, what an inspiration Joseph Smith was. ~Lori
I miss RS. It's just not the same reading the lesson on your own, but I am excited to learn more about Joseph Smith. Oh, and I love the Porterism stuff on your sidebar!
I DONT THINK YOU HAVE UTAH HAIR AT ALL!!!
you are so amazing...i love Joseph Smith...and by the way i miss your guts so bad too...can't wait till summer!!!!love you
Post a Comment