Monday, January 21, 2008

52 Blessing Project

WEEK 3

I Am THANKFUL for...

Temples in general but more specifically, this BEAUTIFUL temple that I can see just outside my front window! I'm so excited for the Draper, UT temple to open! We had Ward Conference today and had a little update about the temple construction etc. Our Stake President said it will open in just about 1 year from now. I was also thrilled when they said if anyone is interested in working in the temple, to talk to your Bishop. I've always dreamed of working in the temple! It would be such a neat experience! I just thought it was only given as a calling. I can't wait to talk to Bishop! My kids are so excited too. They came home with these prints of the Draper Temple today from Primary!

Ellerie said, "The Stake President said it's our job to get our family excited about the temple Mom!" I thought that was so great! We are also excited because Chad's company is working on 5 temples right now. They do the lighting design. Porter loves to see the temple and whenever we look up and see the Draper temple Porter exclaims "Look Mom, the golden temple!" (it's all yellow right now because you can see insulation)

I'm thrilled that we will get to go to the temple with Brittney and Jake in about 2 months! And

I'm so grateful for a place on earth where I feel EMBRACED by heaven! It's like going home!



5 comments:

Erin said...

You have the sweetest children! How lucky to be able to see such a beautiful building from your home.

Crissybug said...

Having a temple near is so wonderful. To be able to see it from your house is even better!

I was raised in a barn said...

what a great post. That is awesome that you get that view!

sara said...

i love the temple....

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

What a beautiful picture of the Temple!!! Great job with this post. Ü