Saturday, January 12, 2008

52 BP

Week 2
I'm Thankful For This Special Little Ring!

Porter's Prized Possesion!

Porter went to Primary last week and became a new CTR 5! He was so excited about going because I told him he would be getting his very own CTR ring today. (yea, for Primary leaders on the ball) I didn't have any idea if the primary leaders would actually hand them out that day but I was hoping! Sure enough, he came BEAMING out of Primary with his new ring!

All week we've heard all sorts of funny and clever stories about him and his ring! On Sunday he was so protective over it and wouldn't let anyone else hold it. When he woke up Monday morning, he was panicking because it had fallen off and he was rummaging in his covers to find it! He did and immediately put it right back on his finger!

One morning we were half way to the gym when he yells "Mom, stop the van! I forgot my CTR ring!" I explained that it was probably better that we forgot it today because he might lose it at the gym. Later...when I picked him up from the child center, he was having a hard time listening to me and getting his coat on etc. So I said, "Come on buddy, remember to CTR!" he looks at me in disgust and replies "Mom, I can only Choose the Right when I wear my ring!"

I laughed a little and recalled hearing a story similar to that in the Friend or something but it just made me realize how powerful signs and symbols can be even at the age of 4! Look at what a great influence it can be to us if we embrace it's idea and meaning!

I'm grateful for that CTR shield and all the great lessons it has taught me over the years! I'm thankful for the power it has to help me and my children Choose the Right!


I'm thinking I may have to take a little trip to the distribution center to buy a box of these little rings! Heaven knows we'll be in BIG trouble if we misplace Porter's one and only!

9 comments:

Erin said...

Too cute! Jack loved his ring too, but not that much. We miss that funny little Porter.

Tiffany said...

What cute stories!!! I miss having you around all the time!

I was raised in a barn said...

I am grateful my last 2 weeks in primary were on CTR-All my kids loved the rings. What a wonderful blessing!

Jenifer said...

As a primary teacher, it is so nice to realize that the message is getting through! I definitely would stock up on some rings!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I love the story! Great blessing.

Lori said...

That's so funny. You definitely want to keep those in stock. (Especially if he can only choose the right when he has his ring on. :)

Mark and Karen said...

That is such a cute story.

Are you feeling better?

Amy said...

Cute. I can't believe he's a CTR 5 He shouldn't be that old!

sara said...

i love Porters logic...i love this post...you are a woman who knows!!!