Monday, August 25, 2008

Draper Fire!

Ahhh...I looked out my window and what did I see?
Our beautiful Corner Canyon Mountain was on fire!
So sad...it's pretty close to the new Draper Temple but not
so close that it would catch it on fire!
It's been going now for about 8 hours and still uncontained.

8 comments:

Amy said...

I saw that fire from our home in South Jordan. It looked so massive from here that I was worried all of Draper was up in flames. I hope they are able to stop the fire soon!

sharry said...

oh my goodness - that is so sad - i hope they get it undercontrol soon - you have quite the view - i'm sure it's gorgeous on non fire hazard days.

Anonymous said...

oops - that was me, sharon...didn't notice the account name.

your new temple looks so pretty - can't wait for our gilbert one.

raising4boys said...

We could see that smoke from where we live yesterday! I didn't realize it was so close to the temple, great picture BTW. I'm glad it didn't get too close.

Lori ~ LL-K said...

That would be a little scary!! Hopefully they can contain it very soon!!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Yikes! Is it contained yet?

Lori said...

That does look scary! Whenever I see smoke coming from places it's not supposed to, it always freaks me out! When I was 5, one of the houses on our street burned down, and I'll never forget seeing that! Hopefully they got it put out fast!

Karina said...

Wow! That is a scary sight to see out of your window. Is it under control now? Also, it makes me so jealous that you can take a picture of the temple minutes away from your house! I'm 4 hours away from the nearest temple!! Ahhh! We go on temple trips where we get on a bus at 4:30 in the morning--do 2 sessions back to back--get back on the bus--get home around 11:00 at night. I took it sooooo for granted when I was that close! Anyway, it's so good to hear from you. Hopefully I will be able to come up with lot's of good recipes for you! Take care, Karina