This is our new motto: Celebrate Recovery! We are using this in the sense of Chad recovering from his surgery today. I thought this picture was so suited to our situation. Me on top of the wall helping to pull Chad up and over this trial we're facing right now!The surgery went well but Chad is very sore and has quite a bit of pain. We didn't get any conclusive diagnosis except for "It is definitely cancer"...the Dr. explained that the mass looked different from what they "normally see" and the pathologist was unable to get a diagnosis of which type of cancer it is. So, we are back to the "hurry up and wait game"... It's very stressful to wait on news like this but I'm trying to take a deep breath and remember all the good advise I've received the past few days. So I will wait patiently for any news. Dr. Clark also said they may end up sending it to Mayo Clinic for diagnosis. Thank you to all who have called or emailed with your thoughts and prayers. We are so grateful for faithful family members and friends who's hands reach out in time of need. I will continue to post any additional information as it comes in. Chad will see the Urologist again on Friday for a follow-up. I'm hoping he will have something to tell us then as to what direction we go from here. He did say that he would have a CT scheduled for next week to see if the cancer has spread to any lymph nodes and then we will meet with the oncologist to talk about a treatment plan.



8 comments:
I have been checking your blog all day hooping for an update! Glad everything went well. Tel chad to hang in there and we're thinking of you all. Stay strong! The Lord never gives us more than we can endure! love ya!
How scary! I think the hardest thing about a situation like this is the unknown. Hope everything works out and that he feels better soon.
Wow, what a trial this one is! If anyone can get through it, you guys can! I was so sad to miss you while you were here. We were in CA visiting my family. I'm glad it was good. Good luck on everything and we're praying for you and your family!
let me just say i love that celebrate recovery motto...but i think i love the picture even more...don't we all need someone pulling us up at different times...you are such a wonderful wife, example, and friend..love you!!
Having been in Chad's shoes just a couple months ago with surgery and a cancer diagnosis, I am so sorry for what you are going through. Answers will come and that will be so helpful. Not knowing was the scariest part for me. Just wanted you to know that you are in our prayers! Stay strong, it's not easy, but the blessings will come. Sheri
That's a great picture. Remember: Cancer is a disease of LOVE. That's our family motto now and it is so true. I can't believe how deep our love is growing for each other. I love the way the Lord works with us to make us more like HIM. WE will walk this with you... that's the deal. LOVE YOU!
OH MY GOSH NIKKI!!!! I can't BELIEVE this!!! What a shock- I can't even imagine the feelings you're going through. Please, PLEASE know of the many, many love vibes that are coming your family's way! We are praying for you- stay strong!! I'll be checking back often for updates... I agree, the not knowing has got to be the hardest. I hope the tests come back soon.
Love, Tiffany
I hope the answers come soon. Good luck with everything.
Post a Comment