Sunday, March 9, 2008

52 Blessing Project
Week 10
I'm Thankful for a great FIL
(father-in-law)
This is Grandpa Morris aka my father-in-law Dick Morris! He is such a great guy! He also celebrated a birthday this week. I have to say I've been so lucky to have great in laws! I wanted to post about him this week because he is just so cute! He always has a smile on his face and is about as friendly as they come...for those of you in our Draper ward, he is like Bro. Hoops! So nice and will talk to anyone! He is such a hard worker too! That must be where Chad gets it. He's such a handy man and can fix anything!

He recently retired from his day job but I don't think he's slowed down much! He's always willing to help with any project and just loves his grand kids to pieces! He gets such a kick out of Porter!

He's musically talented and from what I hear played a mean trumpet at one time~ He enjoys sports but absolutely LOVES Nascar Racing! He is the biggest fan I've ever met!!!

Ellerie calls him the "kissing Grandpa" because he's always giving the kids a kiss! He is such a fun Grandpa! We love you Grandpa Morris! Thanks for being so GREAT!!!




8 comments:

Amy said...

He sounds alot like my FIL. Aren't you lucky to have such great in-laws! I bet they miss having you guys closer

sara said...

he is such a sweet grandpa...remember the sunburn, but even through it all he was still so cheerful...

Anonymous said...

SOOO cute! it is SUCH a blessing to have great in-laws. i know that i love mine so much. probably mostly because the love my children. who could ask for more!

Lori said...

Sounds like a great guy, and your kids are lucky also to have such a great grandpa. In-laws are a great blessing!!

Loric said...

Oh, what a tribute! I hope such nice things could be said about me someday. What a great grandpa! Loved seeing those tender kisses. So I take it they were up visiting? Are you coming back down with them then? Is it Spring Break for you?

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Good in-laws are doubt a great blessing! :)

Amy said...

Great tribute! Don't you just love grandpas?? Happy late birthday! I forgot your birthday was the same day as Jordan's!

I was raised in a barn said...

great blessing! He sounds so sweet!