
ATTENDING THE SOLEMN ASSEMBLY
General Conference

Kaden and I were so lucky to have tickets (thanks Joe and Lisa) to Saturday A.M. Session of General Conference. It was a historic event indeed! The Solemn Assembly was AWESOME! I'm sure most of you participated at home or Stake buildings but to be there in the Conference Center was just INCREDIBLE!
My tears started immediately upon President Monson's arrival. He came through the side hall curtain and the most amazing HUSH came over the entire hall. It became SILENT in about 2.5 seconds and you could have heard a pin drop! It was remarkable! Instantly I felt a huge gush from the spirit bearing witness that this was a prophet of God! Tears continued to flow!
Then when they started having us stand and sustain the First Presidency, Apostles and Seventy's, I just bawled! It was probably one of the most spiritual experiences I've had in a long time. I just marveled that I was even present. I'm so thankful for the opportunity we have been given to have such privileges. We truly are so blessed! Kaden thought it was a pretty cool experience too and when he stood as one of the Aaronic Priesthood holders, I just cried! It was so touching to witness! He is such a great son and he is going to be such an awesome leader as he continues to age. He was recently called as the Deacon Quorum President. He was so honored! It was so cute to watch him accept the call and then another great experience to watch the Bishopric set him apart! Too cool! It's so great being a MOM of such great kids! I love them all so much!



8 comments:
That is such a wonderful blessing! So great you were able to attend. I agree the spirit is so strong in the Conference Center. I went to a General R.S. meeting once and it was fun to see the prophet come in and then wave his cane when he left. :)
I loved that talk by Elder Rasband too (actually I didn't know who gave it because I had the radio on at that time, so thanks for that) Great you were able to recognize one of those experiences today!
How great that you were able to be there! A wonderful experience to always remember!
it was really special to have been a part of the solemn assembly even if it was from our living room. it borought me to tears as we each stood to sustain the new presidency.
hope all is well with your family.
on a completely different note - i can not tell you how glad i am that you have that 'on my mind' song on your playlist - random i know - but someone burned me a disc with a bunch of songs but no artist or title info - i've been able to identify all of them but that one, and since i have a selective form of o.c.d. it's been driving me NUTS not knowing who it was - i had settled on james taylor, knowing full well it wasn't him, just to trick my mind into letting it go, but it was still nagging at me just a little.
thank you, thank you, thank you. this is one of the things that friends are for!!!!
see you at the beach!
Wow, to be able to attend the Solemn Assembly, that is very special!! I felt the Spirit so strongly at my home. Hard to imagine how it felt to be there!!
Oh, how wonderful!! Thank you for sharing your experience. What a blessing to attend conference in the Conference Center and such a special one to boot!
ok i totally bawled reading this...but i bawled even more when we participated in that session of conference in our own home...i felt exactly as you did even though i wasn't in person with it all...
I'm envious. I just don't think the effect was quite the same standing in my family room. . .I too had the tears just rolling down my cheeks though. Truly a day to remember.
Post a Comment