Saturday, April 12, 2008

GOOD NEWS!!!



Good New!! Chad's last CT scan of his chest came back normal! We were so relieved to hear this great news. They said it must have been bronchial, something due to that awful cold and flu he had just before surgery! YEA!!! We love good news! Chad is well on his way to surgical recovery and now we're all set up for him to start Radiation Therapy in about 1 week. We were so thankful to visit with the oncologist as he was very informative and gave us all sorts of great news like...Chad's radiation will be 18 doses=18 days. He will go M-F for 3 1/2 weeks. Dr. Lee prescribed the anti-nausea medication which will be a huge help. He did say that Chad will be very, very tired but that once he stops the treatments, he should get back his normal energy level within a month or two!!! EXCELLENT REPORT!

We again want to thank all of you who have emailed, phoned etc. We feel so blessed by the many prayers that are offered on our behalf! We have definitely felt the Lord's hand through all of this and can't help but love the growth that comes through trials!

We are so thankful that Chad's cancer is treatable and curable! There are so many that are so much worse! This has been such a blessing for our family! Thank you again!

~Nikki

15 comments:

Erin said...

I'm so happy to hear the good news! I wish that I could be there to help with anyhting, good luck to Chad with the radiation treatments. I hope they don't take too much out of him. We are thinking of and praying for you!

Lori ~ LL-K said...

I can't tell you how happy we are to here such wonderful news!!! Thank you for giving us all an update!! You will still be in our thoughts and prayers!! If you all need everything please let us know!! Take care!!

sara said...

Yay!!!!!so happy for happy news....love you all....

raising4boys said...

You are so good to look at the bright side of this situation :) Hope all goes well with his treatment.

Kristi said...

What a sigh of relief!!!! We are so happy to hear such great news! We will continue to pray for Chad as he starts his treatment. love you all....The Whettens

IFtheShoeFits said...

Nik-
I am so relieved to hear the good news!!! Thinking of you!
Love you,
Donnell

Amy said...

That's great news. Let's just pray that the radiation goes fast! My experience with radiation, is that it's pretty easy- Good luck!

Jenifer said...

Oh thank Heaven! I was worried when you didn't post an update! I am so happy for your family! Good luck in the weeks to come!

sharry said...

WOOOO-HOOOO!!! oh, happy day!!!

I was raised in a barn said...

That is so awesome Nikki! I love happy news! Good luck with the radiation wish I could help somehow.

Lori said...

Great News! I'm so happy for you all, and I hope everything continues to go well!!

Amy said...

I'm happy to hear the good news. Good luck these next couple months. I'd love to watch Porter for you when you need some extra help.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I'm glad that there is good news! Prayers to you and your family as you go through this.

Sheri said...

I am so happy to hear the great news. Chad will be back to himself in no time. Best of luck for the next few weeks.

Shelly said...

I am so happy to hear that! Cody and I have been hoping to that kind of news! Good luck with the next 18 days. they will not be easy. You will still be in our thoughts and prayers